Hansen Company COVID-19 Statement
Hansen Company COVID-19 Statement: The spread of COVID-19 has left very few places on earth untouched or unscathed. As we continue to brace ourselves for a turbulent and uncertain future, there are many things we are doing now to protect our employees, clients, trade partners and the general public. At The Hansen Company we’ve always worked hard to protect our greatest asset, our people, and now more than ever we are doing our part to combat and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Our leadership team has taken a number of precautions to ensure a safe work environment including the following steps and actions:
- Continuously updating and improving our Business Continuity Plans as health and societal ramifications change in real time in order to maintain a safe and healthy workforce that can carry on the essential job of construction.
- Maintaining frequent and meaningful contact with our clients in order to communicate all critical aspects of their projects and any impacts of COVID-19 on safety policies, schedule or project logistics.
- Educating and training our workforce to engage in robust and frequent personal hygiene, proper social distancing protocol as well as everyday construction safety practices.
- Staying in frequent contact with our trade partners and material suppliers to monitor material supply, lead times and potential shortages in addition to monitoring the construction workforce as a whole to hedge against any future labor shortage.
- Consuming and disseminating news and health guidance as provided by the CDC and other federal, state, and local government agencies of any relevant public policies, mandates or orders.
- Restriction of all non-essential personnel or visitors to our jobsites.
- Encouraging and facilitating remote work for all non-essential personnel and for those that can reasonably perform their functions from a home office. In doing so, we have equipped every employee with the tools they need to work without sacrificing communication or customer service.
These are just a few of the steps we have taken to ensure the health and safety of our workforce, clients, trade partners and the larger community in which we live and raise our families. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been afflicted by this disease. We know we will get through this but until then we will remain steadfast and vigilant in our efforts to keep safety and good health our top priority.